Earlier this year, we had the very exciting opportunity to announce the launch of the USG Durock TM Brand Infinity Drain® Shower System. It might be a mouthful to pronounce, but trust us when we state it’s the exact opposite when it comes to installation. This completely waterproofed, linear drain shower system creates a high-end look that is quick and easy to install, allowing for a barrier-free design, and flexibility with tile options.
Can it really be done in a day?
So, you ask, “How exactly can a shower system be installed in one day?” Our shower system requires no drying time at all. This means that the tile can be laid down right after the shower is installed, unlike any other traditional shower installation.
Other benefits include:
- Ready to install accessories such as benches, niches, and curbs
- Vapor barrier rated for continuous steam showers
- Lightweight material
- Adjustable and customizable
- Easy to install
- Moisture control/waterproof system from floor to ceiling
- And last – but not certainly not least – no dry time
What does the shower system include?
This fully-bonded waterproof shower system brings together the high-performance, innovative shower solutions from USG Durock TM Brand and Infinity Drain’s decorative linear drains.
Here’s what’s included in our shower system:
Linear Drain Kit
- Infinity Drain decorative linear grates that are available in four finishes: Satin Stainless, Polished Stainless, Satin Bronze, and Oil Rubbed Bronze – each with adjustable feet to match tile thickness
- Pitched channel, channel support, hair strainer and lift-out key included
- Integrated waterproofing membrane
- High density foam that installs more easily than conventional shower bases – made from dry pack mortar
- Optimal two percent sloped design that is available in three sizes
USG Durock TM UltraLight Foam Tile Backerboard (Wall)
- Strong, lightweight, waterproof and vapor retardant
- Rugged facer on extruded foam core
- Cuts easily, is dust free, and fastens without washers
USG Durock TM Waterproofing Membrane and Accessories
- Pliable and durable waterproofing membrane
- Minimizes buildup at seams
- Resistance to tears and low permeability rating makes it ideal for wet areas, including steam showers that are used continuously
Download the installation PDF and watch the video to learn for yourself just how easy this shower system is to install.
Read more stories in Innovation, News